Sunday, July 9, 2017

STORY #12 THING UNDER THE BED

 THING UNDER THE BED

“I can't sleep in here, Daddy,” Roger said.
“Roger. We've been through this before. You can if you think you can.”
“I hear something under my bed.”
“I've told you a thousand times. There's nothing under your bed. Look.” He lifted the blanket and looked under. “Come out come out where ever you are. See. Nothing.”
“But I hear it. It growls and hisses every night. It waits till you close the door.”
“You're just dreaming.”
“That's what mom says.”
“Well, there you go then. If mom said it then it's definitely right. Besides, every boy would love to have a room like this.”
The room was decorated WWE style. Posters of different wrestlers on the walls. The bed looked like a wrestling ring.
“But dad...”
“No buts. You're a big boy now and you can't sleep with mommy and daddy.”
Plus it was ruining his and Cheryl's sex life. He went through the trouble and got himself fixed to save Cheryl from the whole ordeal, not to mention it would've been much harder on her. A little snickety snick and he was good to go with no lay up time. But every night Roger gets between them.
“Okay, but if it eats me. It's on you.”
“There's nothing going to eat you.”
“I hope not.”
He could hear Roger saying his prayers as he told him good night and closed the door.
“Get him all settled in did you?” Cheryl asked.
“I think so.”
“Poor little thing.”
“We can't continue letting him sleep in our bed. I read somewhere it does something to them mentally. Gives'm self-esteem problems and things.”
“You read too many articles on the Internet. All little kids like to sleep with their parents.”
He pulled the covers back. “So.”
“So what?”
“We finally did it. We're alone for our first night in a long time.”
“Hope it stays that way. It's nice.”
“Yes it is. Wanna do it?”
“What?”
“You know. The thing.”
He grabbed her by her waist. Fondled her boobs and smacked her butt.
“Ohhhhh. Somebody's a little frisky.”
“Been a while.”
“Daaaaaaad.”
Cheryl smirked.
“Just like clockwork.”
He tried to pretend he didn't hear him.
“Well?”
“Well what?”
“Daaaaaaaad....Moooooom.”
“Are you going to check on him?”
“For what? To look under the bed and tell him nothing is there? He'll realize it once we stop coming when he calls.”
“Honey?”
“I know. But he's gotta learn.”
“Moooooom.”
He smirked. “So, now he's going for the big guns. It's okay. I'll go.”
Roger was hiding under the covers.
“Roger, I told you everything is just fine.”
“It's not fine. Something is under there.”
“I've already checked under your bed. I told you nothing is there.”
“It's there now.”
“I'll check this one last time and that's it. Okay?”
“Okay.”
He lifted the blanket and looked. The floor had turned into a huge set of teeth. Sharp and pointed like a Great White shark. It's long tongue slivered out and licked him in the face.
“Did you see it?” Roger asked.
“Just give me a second.” He wasn't sure if his eyes were playing tricks on him so he looked again. The large teeth moved back and forth.
He looked again. The teeth snapped.
Growling.
“Come on, Lets get you out of here till I figure out what that is?” He tried to speak in a calm voice but that was out of the question right now.
“It's there isn't it? I know it is. I can tell by the look on your face. Daddy. I'm so scared.”
“It's going to be okay.”
Just then the floor rose up in a large lump. Arms came out of the floor and pulled Roger through the hole in the bed head first.
Roger screamed, His legs kicking.
Sam grabbed hold of Roger's ankles and yanked and yanked. The creature was too strong.
“Cheryl! Come quick. I need some help.”
“What's going on in here?”
Roger was halfway through the hole.
“Help me pull him out.”
Teeth rose up from the mattress. Blood splattered over his face.
Bones crunching. Chewing gristle. Slurping and sucking.
Roger's screams turned into a muffled gurgle as the teeth slowly chomped Roger down until finally Sam had to let him go.
Cheryl covered her face. “Ohhh, my God. What is that thing?”
“I don't know.”
The bed let out a loud burp.
Sam left and came back with a shotgun and fired at the bed.
Feathers and red fluffy stuffing flew up. He threw the bed up. Two black eyes stared back at him. Teeth moving up and down.
“Feed me. Feeeeeeeeeeeeeed me,” the thing said.
“Oh my God. Do something Sam. Don't just stand there.”
“Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeed me.”
He put the barrel into the mouth on the floor.
Before he was able to pull the trigger the thing sucked up the gun.
Crunching. Chomping.
“Mooooooooooooore. Moooooooooore.”
“Give it something Sam.”
The jaws opened wide.
Sam threw the lamp down the hole.”
“Mooooooooooooore.”
“Here. Have this,” Cheryl said and threw in all Roger's Star wars models and figures.”
“Flesh. I want flesh.”
The tongue came out and wrapped around Cheryl's leg.
She fell to the floor as she was being pulled toward the mouth.
“Saaaaaaaaam.”
He didn't want to do it. He had no choice. He grabbed the sword off the wall and chopped off her leg just above the knee.
As the room filled with the sound of the creature chomping on a part of her leg Sam dressed her up with a tourniquet.
Cheryl screaming, cursing at Sam for chopping off her leg.
Surely, there had to be a better way. It was too late for that.
He pulled Cheryl out of the room and closed the door.
“Where did that thing come from?” she asked.
“I have no idea.”
“It keeps saying it wants flesh.”
“Huuuuuuuuuuugry. Meeeee so Huuuuuuuungry.”
“Don't look at me like that,” Cheryl said. “I'm not giving it any more of my body.”
“I wasn't thinking that at all.”
Long moment of pause.
“Well?” she asked.
“I'm thinking.”
He had to figure something out to get them by, kinda buy themselves some time till they can move. Obviously, the thing wasn't going to leave them alone. He thought he should have just let him sleep in their room and none of this would've happened.
He could hear children playing and laughing outside. Kids were always playing at the Lucky's house across the street. She always pumped them full of ice pops and kool-aid, had the trampoline and all the cool stuff.
“It's okay, honey,” he said. “I know just what to do.”







No comments: