Sunday, September 18, 2016

UPDATE

For anybody following my short story writing challenge in my year of writing short stories have probably noticed I hadn't posted anything for a few days. I did have a bad couple of weeks, there are some things involved in that but mostly due to the fact that I have to make a few adjustments to my schedule. I am so far back logged in stories and it happened fast. And being an exterminator this time of year requires a lot of hours. We're getting a ton of calls now for spiders and on Monday there is a complaint about somebody seeing very large spiders in their yard and house. I love those kind of calls. It's what makes the job exciting though I know in, Indiana, our spiders are pretty harmless with the exception of the Brown Recluse which is probably the most mis-diagnosed spider in history.

Hmmm.... that gives me an idea. maybe I should include a few exterminating tips in my posts. Being a horror writer and an exterminator is a blast. It's no wonder I'm a sucker for BIG BUG stories.

 I'm still a few stories behind from where I should be. I can't keep all these stories short, When I'm writing these I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to write other than the prompt. I have struggled with the fact that though I am trying to keep these really short, like blog short, I realized that not all the stories want to be that short. Some are longer. Some are short that wanted to become longer but I cut them short, if you get what I'm saying and as I sit down to write when I start thinking too much about the length it just seems to block the whole process. So, I've decided to free myself up and let the story be what it wants to be and don't force it. My goal is to still have 365 stories by next July. That's the goal I started out with and that's what I'm going to finish. If I fail at that, it's like my friend, Harvey Stanbourgh said, I will have failed to success. It is because of this goal I've written more than I ever have and I will have finished with more than I would've if I hadn't had this goal. Some of these stories I've submitted to magazines, and some have been rejected for their content alone. Seems some of my stories tend to be a little extreme and gory. When I'm writing these I'm laughing my butt off cause they seem so silly to me, but I've been told they can be gory and not humorous. A sick sense of dark humor I s'pose. But, people are reading it cause I'm getting a whole lot traffic and it's a ton of fun.

I've also linked up this stuff to my facebook fan page which I just created as a way to keep things some what organized with the focus on all things extreme creatures.

I want to thank anybody and everybody who is silly enough to read this blog.

Till then,

HAPPY READING and if you're a writer. HAPPY WRITING

No comments: