Sunday, November 25, 2012

WHAT I'M UP TO

I haven't really been doing very well at this whole blogging thing. That is mostly due to the fact I've been spending so much more time writing. Right now I'm slowly approaching my thirty thousand word mark on my  story, a little bit behind but I will get there by the end of the month. I made a mistake this year and thought I would edit another story at the same time and it just wasn't working out. I decided that story had to be put to the side so I can finish this one then I'll move on to the editing next month so on and so forth. So this week I will be hitting the home stretch. I've only succeeded at this one other time although I didn't upload the book on their word counter to receive the halo like thing. I didn't even bother doing anything with that book because it was the first one and those of us who write know how that is. I've mostly been a short story writer, having written several short stories, published a couple. Writing a novel is definitely a different language but it is no doubt a good time and it's better than sitting around in the evenings watching TV and accomplishing nothing. I've met some really nice people along the way, some terrific sites and tips such as Matt Forbeck who I met through the Dean Wesley Smith page, dosen't know it but has been a real big inspiration on me and I thank all the writers who have been helping me out.

Till next time I've got to get back to business.The wife is waking up and the kids are hungry and the dog is tearing up the Christmas tree.

see you soon

No comments: